Sunday, September 6, 2009

Crack Addicts


Ben and I now share a crack addiction. While Ben is not quite as addicted as I am, he is also enjoying a "new" sport in rock climbing.

We recently went to city of rocks with a few friends. A good friend of mine put me on a harder crack climb than others I had previously tried, Heartbreaker 5.10d. I felt like this climb helped me get the hang of crack climbing, and got me addicted. Dean encouraged me to try leading it, so we have a few pictures of my first trad lead.

Ben is not quite so afraid of lead climbing, and didn't think twice about placing gear on Fred Rassmussen 5.8. He's been pushing himself in climbing, working hard pushing mentally, and finding out he's much stronger than he previously imagined. It's great to see him grow as a climber.

We had a great time with friends and I even had a few days to climb without kids! Enjoy these pictures, taken by an "aspiring" photographer, Dean Lords.

2 comments:

Shaela said...

dude, those pictures rock!! We miss our climbing buddies, *sniff*. But sorry, we wouldn't be climbing the cracks with you. We're too sissy for that. ;) happy to hear your still leading climbs!

Klingler said...

Gotta love the cracks! Hope to make it back out that way again someday so we can finally have another couple to go trad climbing with!! Keep it up!